Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday "Sninner" Snack/Dinner...Tandoori naan flatbread with shrimp, feta, tomato & basil


Today I was up bright an early for a yard sale so I wanted a quick easy 'sninner' that would satisfy Ray's appetite and my budget all with little work...This 'sninner' was a winner! (Haha) with the shrimp on sale for $4.99 a pound so my quarter pound was $1.38, the flatbread was $2.99(2 pieces), the low fat feta was $2.29 ( buy one get one free), and the plum tomatoes were $1.49 and I only used two...I had the basil..not a bad deal for around $5.00...
You will need:
1 package(two pieces of bread) of Tandoori Naan made with stoneground whole wheat flour (5 grams of fat in half a naan)

1/4 pound shrimp (I used ready peeled and cooked)chop roughly to match feta chunks

1/4 cup low fat tomato basil fat cheese per naan/flatbread(4 grams of fat)

2 sliced plum tomatoes

Basil leaves chiffonade (or torn) dried will work if you don't have fresh

Pre heat broiler (I like my flatbread crispy, I used my broiler you can bake, grill or toast.

The package calls for a sprinkle of water to moisten the bread before baking. I just used the red sauce as my liquid, you can omit this and use olive oil or cooking spray.

Lay sliced tomato first then place shrimp and cheese around on any open space. If you want extra flavor add sprinkle parmesan cheese with after you spread the tomato sauce or olive oil..

Place on rack closest to broiler for about 5 minutes..pull out rack then add basil and place rack back under broiler for additional minute

Cut and serve

2 comments: